CBILS®, a unique ionic liquid production technology for waste-free, safe and economic production of ultra-pure ionic liquids
Greener and halide-free technical synthesis of ionic liquids with consistent quality
One of the most advanced commercialized methods for a greener industrial production of high-purity ionic liquids is our so-called Carbonate Based Ionic Liquid Synthesis (CBILS®, a registered trademark of proionic GmbH) process. This entirely halide and waste-free production route using carbonic acid esters as quaternization reagents overcomes most of the drawbacks of conventional synthetic approaches and reduces the use of noxious chemicals to a minimum.
- halide-free ionic liquid products (<5 ppm)
- water levels in ionic liquids below 50 ppm realizable on large scale
- perfect cation-anion stoichiometry easily adjustable
- no waste generated during synthesis/production (high atom economy)
- purification of products not necessary, except for the distillation of solvent residuals
- the CBILS® methylcarbonate intermediates are converted quantitatively to the final IL upon reaction with every Brønsted acid, having a pKa <9 (modular system)
- as an alternative to Brønsted acids, ammonium salts can be used as well
- easy scale-up to a multi ton level
- batch and continuous-flow production processes available for various standard products
- no sophisticated equipment required (high process safety)
proionic's powerful CBILS® ionic liquid production process enables a virtually unlimited combination of cations and anions. Choose your cations and anions from lists of standard ions and put together the desired ionic liquid in a modular system according to your needs.
Tablet Potrait-Mode gerade in Arbeit, bitte drehen Sie das Tablet in den Landscape-Mode.